Database Administrator (DBA)
Comwave is Canada’s largest privately owned telecommunications service provider specializing in Voice over IP (VoIP), serving more than 1, 600 cities across Canada and the US, in both Retail and Wholesale markets. Comwave is a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, leading the market in its service oriented approach to its customers and expanding its teams with like-minded individuals.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package, attractive employee discount, an on-site gym, free parking, and a unique entrepreneurial culture.
Based at our Wildcat Rd. location in Toronto we are currently seeking a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our team in our Toronto GTA head office location.
As the DBA, you will take ownership for the technical direction and strategy of all instances involving SQL production systems across a range of innovative software solutions including SAP Business Objects, in house CRM and carrier grade telephony platforms.
This is the ideal role for a Database Administrator who thrives on the technical challenge of designing and overseeing the implementation of complex database solutions for innovative software products on high profile projects. Our technical environment maximizes the use of every single component of SQL across 2005/2008 and 2012 clustered environments. This requires a diverse and deep technical SQL skillset which we support with great technical training and professional certifications.
- 8 years’ experience working in SQL Server versions 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining SQL Server replication, clustering and other high availability solutions
- Advanced Experience working with Complex T-SQL queries and triggers.
- In depth knowledge of SQL backup and disaster recovery solutions including Dell Litespeed.
- Advanced experience in SQL Server monitoring with knowledge of third party database monitoring tools such as Idera Diagnostic Manager and Red Gate.
- Database performance tuning experience including troubleshooting complex SQL procedures and query optimization.
- Ability to troubleshoot database performance issues including hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of permissions with a focus on security.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a developer
- MySQL Administration experience
- PostGreSQL Administration experience
*Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please e-mail your resume (MS Word and PDF formats only) to email@example.com. Be sure to quote “DBA” in the title.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Comwave Networks Inc. will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
61 WILDCAT ROAD TORONTO ONTARIO M3J 2P5 TEL: 416-663-9700
Posted by: admin at 5:02 pm