Network Operations Associate
As one of Canada’s leading telecommunication innovators, we’re constantly introducing exciting new telecommunication technologies and applications that appeal to avid mobile and Internet users. We specialize in Internet services, Voice over IP (VoIP), long distance and mobile for residential and business customers.
We offer our employees a competitive benefit package, attractive employee discount, an on-site gym, free parking, and a unique entrepreneurial culture.
Based at our Wildcat Rd. location in Toronto we are currently seeking a “Network Operations Associate”. The chosen candidate will be required to work between our Corporate Office (North York) and our Switch Site (Downtown).
Responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot and provide network monitoring on all core and edge network elements.
- Analyze voice/data traffic and re-route as needed in order to ensure we maintain our benchmarked ASR/ACD and uptime.
- Ensure that carriers and vendor are meeting service level targets.
- Provide first level support for all wholesaler tickets.
- Provide second level support for all technical support tickets.
- Create and maintain documentation on our internal wiki.
- Work with internal departments in order to identify and improve efficiency.
- Perform nightly maintenances in accordance with approved MOP from our Engineering team.
- Minimum of 3 years of NOC or Network experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of network troubleshooting, call flow over TDM and VoIP networks.
- Proven ability to create and run Linux shell scripts.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communications-both verbal and written.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the demands of our business including morning, afternoon and evening shifts rotations.
- Please note that 70% or more of this role will be at our data center location in downtown Toronto, and 30% at our head office location in the GTA.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience using SQL and ability to create queries is an asset
*Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please e-mail your resume (MS Word and PDF formats only) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to quote “Network Operations Associate” in the title.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Comwave will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
61 WILDCAT ROAD TORONTO ONTARIO M3J 2P5 TEL: 416-663-9700
Posted by: admin at 2:00 pm